Friday, July 9, 2010

Reflections and Anticipation

The swim clinic went better than I could have hoped. I had a lot of help from my friend Obi-Wan (Curtis). There were 8 of us in total. Curtis started off with some swim start and T1 techniques. We answered a lot of questions from some first timers. Then he turned it over to me. I reviewed some basic technique before hitting the water. We played in the shallow end for a bit, working on breathing and hip rotation and then the real work began with applying what we all learned. Curtis was a big help here, too. We watched the others swim and gave them tips to help their technique. I expected that we would be done by 8:00 but I didn't get home until almost 9:00. What a great and energizing night! I can wait to do it again.

Today I head north with my tri relay team for the Black Fly Tri. My swim is advertised as a .25 mile swim so I should be in and out of the water pretty quick. I am debating if I should bother with the wetsuit for this one. That will be a game time decision to be sure. After the race we will have the rest of the weekend to explore Waterville Valley, maybe go to the Black Fly Bonfire, and just enjoy our girls weekend. Two great young men and two big old dogs will be holding down the fort here at home while I am gone. I look forward a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment